View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #35
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

Oddometer: 6,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
You really do suck (not you though Michelle, just Greg)
yeah yeah..... this coming from the guy who went to the Isle of Man (no ride report or pics I see..... )

onwards & upwards
day 07.... a bit dusty (couldn't be all that wine the night before?)

Michelle snapped this pic in the lobby of our hotel. Her dad loves to collect elephants.. i think he would be very pleased to add a few of these to his collection

good breakfast in us helped a lot, so all packed & ready to rock

After getting gas in Riva we set our sights on Passo Durone, just to the north. Nice sweeping turns & a smooth road. A great wake-up call in the morning! Initially we had a two possibility plan.

Plan A: was to just hit the valley roads north after Durone & head in to Schilpario from the south. A round-about route, but it isn't that far, it avoids the narrow mountains roads we went over in the rain last year, and we have all day.

Plan B: takes the high roads west. This means crossing Croce Domini and then Passo del Vivione (both of which we crossed in a downpour last year)

Quote:
The Croce Domini Pass (Italian: Passo di Crocedomini) (el. 1892 m.) is a high mountain pass in the Alps in the region of Lombardy in Italy.

It connects the Lago d'Idro in the southeast and the Lago d'Iseo in the southwest.

The pass road has a maximum grade of 12 percent and is paved from Breno to Bagolino. The pass is closed from November to May.
Quote:
Vivione Pass Passo (Italian Passo del Vivione) is a mountain pass that links Schilpario in Val di Scalve with Paisco Loveno in Val Camonica.

The road was built during World War I to supply troops in the nearby Adamello.

Vivione Pass has an height of 1828 m and is usually closed for snow from December to May, the road is not larger than 2 meters but is paved.

At the bottom of Durone the call was made... high road!

to be continued.....

Try to see the world beyond your front door.
g容g is online now   Reply With Quote