View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #76
BC Brian OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbowie View Post
I cannot tell you how much we appreciate you taking the time to visit us. It was truly an honor to have you as a guest in our home. We all enjoyed just sitting a talking about life and bikes with someone so experienced in both. What a thrill for us all. Looks like you and Sonny had a good ride. I knew you were in good hands with Sonny. He just has a way of making everything feel so natural and right with the world. I hope you did not get into any bad weather. I took the Explorer to Dallas to get the panniers, top box and driving lights added along with the 500 mile check. It absolutely poured down all the way there and back. At least now I know how it handles in the rain and where all my riding gear leaks. Again, thank you for coming to see us and we will surely be talking about your visit for years to come. Say hello to the wife and kids for us and ride safe. Don't be surprised if Sonny comes up to get your Buell.
Thanks Jim.

The honor was mine. Travelling solo, a guy gets used to his own company,and sometimes tired of it :) Meeting and getting to know people like you and Sandra is, for me, what travel is all about.

When Sonny went back towards home, and I headed west, I got to Seymour and it had started to rain. It was getting quite late, and I was unsure how late the sun stays up around here, so I got a room, having heard from reliable sources that it didn't usually rain for long in that part of Texas. This morning it was still raining, and I rode in some pretty heavy rain for a few hours. I just thought it was normal heavy rain until I saw the news tonight :)

I am curious. Which panniers did you go with?

And, you know, If Sonny comes up for the Buell, it might be a good excuse for all of you to ride up for a visit..........

BC Brian screwed with this post 09-29-2012 at 08:41 PM
BC Brian is offline   Reply With Quote