View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #40
tagesk
Tuscan rider

Oddometer: 3,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by geg View Post

I once learned that Amarone is simply too much. It is so powerful, in all dimensions, that there is only one situation where it can be enjoyed to it's full potential.

Assume that you arrange lunch on the terrace for your extended family; parents, a couple of aunts and uncles, children, grandchildren, some neighbors and a few good old friends. You sit under the pergola and have antipasti, primi, secondo and dolce. Noise, laughter, children blooming from being at ease with adults, good wines and too much food and 30 C in the shadow. You know, that dense and calming heat, full of Tuscan scents.

As things calm down, the elders move inside to take a nap, the children run down the streets to play with friends, then you sit down in the shade under a tree in the garden with a good friend. In a good chairs. You know, the hour which starts with OK, how are things really going?. That moment, which in Italian is called Il conversazione dopo pranzo is the only time where an Amarone really get to show what it can do.

I recommend it.

And now back to our regular program!

[TaSK]
Proud contributor to Wisdom and GSpot FAQ and European Ride Report Index.
IBA: 33616
tagesk is offline   Reply With Quote