View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #40
hippiebrian OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,896
I had to stop at Lake Gregory to pay some respects. A few years ago when I was a railroad engineer, a co-worker passed away. She was a bit more than a co-worker and had become like family. I did holidays at her house, we exchanged gifts with her family on Christmas and such. She died of a sudden stroke at 47 years old. One of her favorite things was trout fishing on Lake Gregory, so we sprinkled her ashes there. Sad moment, but a beautiful place. Here's the lake:

And a duck:

A woman enjoying an outboard:

Some nice houses across the lake:

More ducks:

Okay, so I like ducks, what of it?

From Lake Gregory, I went up the Rim of the World highway. Why do they call it that you may ask? Here's a couple pics from the side of the road. The first one doesn't do the view any justice, and the second one was taken not from a plane, but from the side of the road with a little zoom:

Just beautiful views on a fun road. I took it to the town of Running Springs, where I stopped to eat.

Two stores nest to each other in Running Springs. It makes you wonder what they do for fun there...Family Jewels next to Leather and Lace? Sounds like good times...

Here's where I stopped:

Good old fasioned American food. Sorry, no pictures, I scarfed it too quick! While I was having a smoke in the parking lot I heard a racket and saw this little guy hanging out outside a pet shop:

A little shot of the bustling metropolis of Running Springs:

This is the only bar in town (I think). I wonder if they even know what the rainbow colored letters might suggest...

Might explain the Leather and Lace store, though.

Well, gotta put in laundre, but there's more to come. I'll be back!
hippiebrian is offline   Reply With Quote