View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 01:50 PM   #2327
fixinbones
Tarmac Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillypolack View Post
Late in the season I know, but I'd just been running in some miles on the MM after a difficult summer. Unfortunately I had the fuel pump fail on me (covered under warranty), as well as radial cracks in the pump cover where the quick disconnect lines screw in. The new cover is made by Continental and has steel threads (similar to screw inserts or bosses).

After baselining the suspension and adapting Macfly's settings linked here.

Let's just say that it's firm, but not as bone-shaking stiff as the standard settings. Had a great afternoon warping the edges of the tires but the front still feels less than planted so I may raise the forks through the triples for a bit more front end feel.

Still feels great every time I get a chance to throw a leg over, and came home feeling like a superhero. Fantastic bike. . . even superior in many aspects compared to the 2012 GS in the garage. Yes, even including the engine, and especially the transmission.
Still missing my MM!
'13 Ducati Diavel AMG #163
'09 KTM 65XC (son's ride)

Gone: '10 Ducati Multistrada 1200S, '11 BMW R1200GS, '10 BMW S1000RR, '08 BMW HP2 Megamoto, '07 KTM 950SMR, '05 BMW R1200GS, '94 BMW R1100R
fixinbones is offline   Reply With Quote