View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 04:11 PM   #69852
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Oddometer: 6,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper Dan View Post
Getting the Safari tank back on was the marathon of the day. The alignment with the brackets seems to change every time I take it off and back on again. I seem to be coming up with new techniques to get the bloody thing back on.

I may start a "how to put the safari tank back on hints and tips thread page"..............is there one out there already.

anyway, thanks for all the feedback (again)
I didn't realize the Safari was difficult to remove/replace. If that's the case with ALL of them ... then definitely not for me. I've taken my IMS off and on at least 30 times in just the last few years. I routinely take the tank off for any maintenance or Carb tuning. Very handy with the IMS, which comes in just minutes. I've done it on the road in Mexico, never a problem.

Access is important to me ... and is a BIG PLUS on the DR650 in general.
I see guys on BMW's sweating in the hot sun, going through 30 minutes of struggle just to get down to something.

The IMS and new Acerbis give over 230 to 250 miles of range (depending how bike is tuned) . Plenty of range for this continent ... Oz is a different world of course.
Adv Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote