View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 05:45 PM   #10
BigDogAdventures
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,777
I sympathize with your fears------------I've lost many a night of sleep worrying about bears and hearing noises.
I've had nights I just couldn't shake it.
It's really no fun when that happens---------but I don't let it stop me from going.
In BC and Alaska me and my buddy packed bear spray--------never used it.
And in the states my buddy carries a loaded 40 caliber automatic on his hip.
Makes me feel a lot better-------we've been traveling out West mostly and it's been legal in those states.
He's been asked twice tho to take it outside where they served liquor-------as that is illegal.
Just a couple weeks ago we got pulled over for having our headlights off and his gun was right
out for all to see----------I'm sure the officer had to see it----------he never mentioned it.
So a gun is a possibility for you here is the states------the ones it's legal in-------I have no idea which ones that is.
I know he's carried it in Idaho, Arizona, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, New Mexico, Oregon and Washington.
That's where we seem to hang out-------that's where all the best riding is in the country.

And looky here: this mean old grizzly ate somebody----along with his Gerber LMFII survival knife and can of bear spray.

BigDog
KTM 690 Enduro 2014
If your bike weighs more than 400lbs. You might not make it.

BigDogAdventures screwed with this post 09-30-2012 at 05:58 PM
BigDogAdventures is online now   Reply With Quote