View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 07:20 AM   #51
poolman OP
Gnarly Poolside Adv.

Oddometer: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAHBO View Post
Great report, poolman. I just finished the TAT and was browsing Ride Reports for ideas for my next ride and saw yours. Taking the time to shoot the terrain, the food, the creatures and people is what makes a good report. CR looks like a place that has it all.

Thanks.

YAHBO
YAHBO,

Congratulations on completing the TAT! I look forward to reading your thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrell caesar View Post
House sat 7 cats for 18 days. Liz Taylor had a house in Flamingo along with that long bearded guy from Asleep at the Wheel band. I recognized the bridge donated by China. It brings back memories to see your pics. Thanks again
farrell ceasar,

Eighteen days in Flamingo sounds awesome, even with seven cats to care for. Costa Rica is certainly a popular real estate investment choice for wealthy Americans and Europeans. I passed Mel Gibson's estate wile riding on the beach north of Samara.

Interesting point that the new bridge is a gift from China. China seems to be investing heavily in conspicuous infrastructure improvement projects throughout Latin America, Africa, and Southeast Asia.

While riding through a remote tribal area of Peru last year I encountered the bridge below, complete with a plaque indicating it is a "gift" from China. Oddly, to reach the bridge from either direction requires traveling hundreds of kilometers on a one lane dirt track.

Best to All,

Sacred Valley of the Incas
Costa Rica Solo
poolman is offline   Reply With Quote