View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 09:09 AM   #2
PhoenixGirl63
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Olympia Airglide

Hi, Eve -
I have the Olympia Airglide jacket and overpants. I like them because they are a mix of textile and mesh (great for summer) but also come with liners (thermal and water proof) that can be zipped in and out, which makes it a 3 season (almost a 4 season) outfit. I've worn them on city streets commuting (currently an hour each way) and on long weekend trips. I've worn them out on dirt and gravel roads, in rain and in sun...and I'm really happy with them. There are a lot of gals over on www.twowheelfemales.com, another forum that I frequent, that wear this combo, too.

Last year, I rode on New Year's Eve. The roads were clear and there was no snow (highly unusual for Chicago). Temp was around 30 degrees, though. Still, my Olympia gear kept me warm (with fleece under layers and using the liners), the only things cold were my hands (but, my Hippo Hands helped out with that before I got Gerbings heated gloves).

The jacket fits a woman's shape with adjustable tabs on the sides. Dainese has good stuff and has a very sexy shape (I have a beige mesh jacket for summer.. but it's very spendy, too. But that jacket is definitely NOT waterproof.

Welcome to riding! And good on you for being full ATGATT! Enjoy the ride and here's to plenty of (s)miles to come!
PhoenixGirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote