View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #53018
rxcrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
I only took photos on the Marienville Trail (Marienville, Pa). The ATV trails are Wayne easy, pretty much ride any standard motorcycle with tread and a skid plate and ride it. The bike trail however, though now quad wide, has some nasty rock gardens. There are 4 or 5 average rock gardens on the Marienville, 3 that are intimidating. Rocky Gap only has 2 or 3.

In the one posted above, not only was this this the by-pass hill to the real hill (you don't want to see the real hill, think Erzberg), I was supposed to be going in the direction the camera is pointed, not the direction the rock kicked me. I got stuck twice but made it without falling. I tried the real hill 4 or 5 times one day and never made it without dabbing or stopping.
I've only ridden the Marienville trail once, and it was in the rain. It had let up a bit, and we tried the rock hill dspite the fact that the rocks were still wet. None of us made it without crashing and on more than one occasion we were going down rocks backwards with the rear tire still spinning. The bypass looks like it would have been a less painful choice that day.