Thread: My ADVersys
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #62
Bambi
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 642
Hi,
looking at this pic you did a really nice job with the tank-panel!!!
I have to admit that while thinking the Versys to be a very good motorbike - especially the dual-sport-bikes built here - the original front-fairing is ugly. It seems to me that this bike is even better than I thought as it's riders ignore this point and just praise it's abilities to do everything for them.
Now back to yours: I'm very sorry but I don't like your front-fairing, too. It's much too large and it doesn't flow into (or flow out off?) the tank-line. It looks like a strange thing that has been nailed to the front of a pretty bike - I'm sure for some good and practical reasons. But could you imagine a front fairing like the ones African Queens in Germany or Rugged Roads in Great Britain offer for Honda's African Twin. This would make your bike a stunning winner in the 'looks'-category, too!
Just my thoughts, except for this point your build is absolute top and your build-thread is also a number-one reading!
Oh, sorry, just another thought of mine: If you don't need the passenger's seat the bike might look better if you take it off. I think that a dual-sport bike shouldn't have a stepped seat. Hopefully the area underneath the pillion-seat isn't too hard to be covered or perhaps it's even nice enough to be disposed.
Except for these two things: both thumps up!!!
Kind regards from Germany, Bambi