Just thought I would let everyone know... Pesky rad caps! After talking some shop about the bike with a buddy, I found that when I squeezed any of the rad hoses that fluid was pushing back to the reservoir. This shouldn't happen. I took the stant cap that I bought and examined it to the original cap and found that the tolerances were slightly off. The ears on the stant cap sat about a sixteenth of an inch higher than the original cap, not allowing the inner spring seal to seat properly. After some slight modifing by bending the ears out and down, the cap made a much better fit. Ran the bike and happily enough, she is running just like she should!
I'm still going to get an o.e.m. cap either as a spare or a true fix. Just thought that I would let people know this incase they run into this problem for a quick fix if you are end up in a bind.