View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 07:09 PM   #37
dbuzz
Citizen of the world

Oddometer: 1,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
yes i do. but i choose to ride a motorcycle. thus, i choose to put myself in additional danger relative to driving a car. thus, it is i, and not others, who should bear the downside of that choice. forcing others to be inconvenienced to accommodate my choice would be lame.

if someone asked "is it OK for me to go play my tuba next to someone's window?" you could probably answer "No" even though you don't play a tuba.

at any rate, as i mentioned above. if your of "lane splitting" does not involved cutting back in line after skipping past people, then what i'm saying doesn't apply. but the version of "lane splitting" or "filtering" or, really "skipping line" that happens (from time to time, not a lot) around here does involve cutting back in line.

you can justify it however you want, but the bottom line is that going around people who are in a line and then cutting into the front of the line is skipping line. it means everyone else in the line has to wait a bit longer. that's the way lines...all lines...work.

also, as i said before, if it is just one bike and you are on the ball, it probably does not mean a car that would have made it through the light won't get through the light. but, if it does end up meaning a car that would have gotten through the light does not, then you are being a selfish a-hole.
Meh ... if the car drivers all suddenly decided to ride bikes they would be the ones filtering / splitting with the rest of us. The only reason they don't do it now is they can't.

I'm usually gone before they even realise I am there. You do get the occassional nob who tries to block .. I just wait my chance.
dbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote