View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #44
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by khager View Post

Nevertheless it works fine in CA and most of the rest of the world, it's only here in the 49 states that we have this third-grader mentality. Waaaahhhhhh, he's cutting in line.
No matter how much frosting you put on a rice cake...........it's still a rice cake .

Myself and most riders will agree that splitting and filtering should be allowed, but (drum roll please) it is in fact not allowed in 49 of 50 states. I know it's confusing to many, but there is actually a difference between personal opinion and public law. Yeah, I know it sucks, but thats the way it is boys and girls.

If the laws were changed, if the laws lasted long enough for Darwin to weed out the idiots, if non riders were educated that it was legal and beneficial to all, then in time it wouldn't be a problem for the most part.

Unfortunately as long as we have a handful of "special" riders behaving like spoiled children the rest of us will pay the price. I'm not claiming to be without guilt in breaking traffic laws, yet even I am able to recognize it's not whining, its calling an ass an ass.