View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #32
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherco View Post
When I called the seller to ask why there was huge restocking charge there was NO MENTION of any problem with the seat---only the marking on the outside of the box.

Now this weasel has come up with a story that the seat was not "as new" because I put it on my 1200GS to see if it fit. I think he realized the "marked on the box" reason for the fee was not going to fly so he had to come up with something else.

This ain't over......
I'm sure it's not over, but that does not mean that you are 100% right and that the vendor is 100% wrong.

If you did not check Sargent's measurements or actually see one of their low seats before you bought off the internet, then how is the vendor to blame that the product you bought is not what you thought it would be? They shipped the exact item you ordered; it was returned in not-new condition, and you want them to eat the costs? It'd sure be nice if we could all test-fit items to our bikes without any consequence if we decided we didn't like it, but that's not the real world.

I appreciate the PSSS manager's responses on this thread. They were factual and not emotional. In my opinion, the vendor has acted responsibly and reasonably in this matter.

Sometimes, we don't get what we want. Lord knows it's happened to me, and I know I'm not the only one.