View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #7
Fibzzz
Resident Cynic

Oddometer: 137
I have the Rev'it Alaska GTX gloves and have been very happy with them. Super-soft leather, very comfortable, not too bulky and plenty warm in temps down to 45 (haven't ridden with them in temps colder than that yet). I have heated grips, but don't need them in mid 50's or above -- the gloves are warm enough on their own.

They're also well-armored without looking like alien gloves, which I like. Downsides: The gauntlet is pretty narrow so the fit over a bulky jacket cuff is tight. From what I've read, Rev'It designed it to be worn inside the cuff, but over the cuff can be done. And in heavy rain they absorb water and the leather takes a long time to dry out. But the Gore-Tex lining does its job -- the inside stays bone-dry.

If I were shopping for new gloves I'd give the BMW ProWinter 2 a look too. I tried on a pair just for kicks a few weeks ago at my local dealer, and I was impressed. Didn't ride with them, but at $150 they're a little cheaper than the Rev'Its and seem sturdy and well-featured.

Fibzzz screwed with this post 10-02-2012 at 11:06 AM
Fibzzz is offline   Reply With Quote