View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #94
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.G. View Post
Doug, sorry to hear that. Hang in there. No way it will take you 6-9 months to get back at it. No way. You will be back in the saddle a lot sooner than you think. You may be a little slower ( I speak from experience ), but you'll be back soon.

Doug is just using this as an excuse to buckle down and focus on his end goal of competing in the Dakar. i suspect that right now he is putting together a regimented training plan to reabilitate his wounds and convert his body into a well toned riding machine. During this down time he will be ordering the rally kit for the 450 and researching the locations of the nearest MX track where he can start riding laps at for endurance training. I suspect that he will use the down time to research the dietary needs and start building a proper training menu. I'd wager in about 3 months Douglas Chapman will not be recognizable by any of us...and not in a unibomber kind of way but in an arnold schwarzenager (sp be damned) kind of way.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote