View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #1
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer

Oddometer: 568
Baptism By Fire, Colorado and Utah

Here is a ride report for my first big adventure, though not my first moto trip. I rode to Colorado from Oklahoma to meet up with some friends to ride some dirt roads in Colorado and Utah. I say this is my first big adventure, because this is the first time for me to head out so far from home with the bike fully loaded heading down and over and through some of the most amazing scenery in the world only viewable from back-roads!

Being the most green on this trip as the others had done countless trips before including The Continental Divide, The Trans-American Trail and Utah Backcountry Discovery Route to name a view. I felt privileged to be invited along.

I had every intention of taking a thousand pictures and making tons of videos, but quickly switched to SURVIVAL mode! Pictures took a back seat as I tried to keep the bike upright and I had trouble getting my Go-Pro to charge. Hopefully the others will post some pictures and Brad had his Go-Pro going most of the time.

Here is the original plan, but “there is the plan and then there is what really happens”.

Day 1 Glenwood Springs to Taylor Park - through Grand Mesa, Cedaredge, Hotchkiss, Paonia, Kebler Pass, Crested Butte

Day 2 CB to Ouray - CB to Taylor Park on pavement, Tin Cup Pass, Cumberland Pass, Pitkin, Ohio City, Parlin Hwy 50, Lake City, Engineer Pass to Animas Forks, Silverton, back-road or Hwy 550 Red Mtn Pass to Ouray

Day 3 Telluride to Moab, Gateway then John Brown Canyon

Day 4 Utah Backcountry Discovery Route- Moab to Cleveland - into the Lasals, Castle Valley, Dewey Bridge, Kokopelli's Trail, Green River

Day 5 Wellington, 9 Mile Canyon, Argyle Canyon, Soldier Summit (site of the famous crash), Currant Creek, Mill Hollow

Day 6 Mill Hollow to Evanston WY, Evanston to Garden City

Dadayama screwed with this post 10-02-2012 at 10:41 AM
Dadayama is offline   Reply With Quote