View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 10:22 AM   #17
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer

Oddometer: 567
Drama!!!!!!!!!

On the way into Moab wild Dave decided to get a jump on deer season and took out a deer! Actually the deer jumped out in front of him while riding down the paved highway. We were just a minute behind him as he was in the lead. My heart sunk when I came around the turn and saw his bike laying over in the middle of the road with bike parts laying everywhere, then I saw him standing up talking to a car driver who was more concerned if the deerís wellbeing. Dave was talking and coherent but couldnít move his right-side upper body. Ten minutes later two ladies from Moab pulled up with an empty trailer. One of them Debbie jumped out and took control, she loaded up Dave in the cab and we loaded the bike in back. They took Dave to the hospital and stored his bike until we could retrieve it the next day. Dave is from Colorado, so a friend brought his truck and trailer the next day, so Dave could get home. Believe it or not he had no broken bones! He will live to ride again!

Note: this is Daveís second time to hit a deer.

[IMG]IMG_0671[/IMG]

That is Dave sitting down pain... and all of us in a daze not sure what to do yet... just a couple minutes after the wreck...

[IMG]IMG_0672[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0674[/IMG]

Check out the bumper sticker... she has a Blue Healer...

[IMG]IMG_0675[/IMG]
Dadayama is offline   Reply With Quote