View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #2238
moto-treks
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,771
Fall Frolic Ė Wallace to Lolo

Ok guys and gals. Here is your change for a great fall ride. Leave Wallace on Saturday morning (October 13th) at the crack of dawn and ride to Hwy 12 via Moon Pass; NF 391, NF 1222, St Joe River Rd, NF 320, Gospel Hill, Deception Saddle, Tobaggan Ridge and on to the Lolo trail and Hwy 12. I've not ridden this route but it looks doable.

Itís 190 miles without gas so make sure your bike can do the distance. Weíll overnight on Hwy 12 someplace; Lolo Hot strings, Lochsa Lodge (gas), or some soft looking dirt patch in the area and return Sunday Ė still working on the route.

Youíll need to be prepared to spend the night out on the trail in case we donít make it to Hwy 12 in the available daylight. Meaning camping gear and food. I'm pack'n lite so that's about all I'm bringing.

Iím going to get to Wallace Friday, late afternoon/evening, so that I donít have to freeze riding to Wallace early Saturday morning

I tried this ride last year but canceled due to the weather but so far this year the weather looks great

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote