View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #28
Tragic Overlander
Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
Good to ride with you, nice to still be alive

Hi Pete,

It was a great ride for me until I hit the deer. I have heard from Brad, and it looks like you guys had a fun trip after leaving Moab. I really enjoyed riding with you, and hopefully we will see you out in the Mountains again soon.

After you left, I had a day feeling sorry for myself in Moab This was made a little more tolerable with narcotic pain pills After an event like that, the inevitable soul searching made me think a lot about my family and friends, and how much everyone means to me I concluded that I was extremely lucky. To walk away from a 60mph impact with no broken bones, a couple of bruises and scratches, and a torn rotator cuff, is nothing short of a miracle.

A huge thanks to the wonderful folks at KLIM - i was wearing an Adventure Rally Jacket and Pants, as well as gloves. The helmet also took a fair impact. The Doctor at Moab hospital said that if I hadn't been wearing the gear, "we would not be having this conversation" ATGATT

The bike is being assessed for insurance right now. Will know more in a couple of days, but at this stage everything appears to be straight with just cosmetic damage.

Once again, thanks for the ride. Hope you made it home safe!

Dave
Tragic Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote