View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 05:28 AM   #33
sherco OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
I was somewhat surprised by the reasonable and measured tone of the sellers posting. It was a very different tone from the rude and contentious guy I talked to when I called them for an explanation of the restocking fee.

We all do a tremendous amount of business today via the internet and we blindly give out our credit card numbers to nameless/faceless people, and trust the system, hoping we don';t get ripped off, cheated, etc.

I've been around for a long while, and I have never contested a charge on my credit card, I have never filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, I have never sued or been sued, I pay my bills, follow the rules and don't look for fights.

Powersports Superstore of Austin Tx may not qualify for the title of "crooks" but they certainly are "ethically challenged". I returned the seat to them 9/19 ($26 return shipping). They then charge me an additional $82 restocking fee, specifically because I wrote the Return Authorization # on the shipping box. Then through this thread, the seller now has creatively claimed the fee was because of installation marks (ie: damage) and the seat cannot be sold as new. Check this guy's site and see if you find a discounted Sargent seat for a GS1200----you won't. He is clever, creative, and his postings here show he is glib and articulate----he just isn't truthful.

Buyer Beware of Powersport Superstore in Austin Tx.

sherco screwed with this post 10-03-2012 at 05:52 AM Reason: correct spelling
sherco is offline   Reply With Quote