View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 01:21 PM   #37
Desertpistons OP
80s dakar

Oddometer: 254
Swing arm tribulations

The swing arm took a good long time to do it. First because it is not a simple job of elongating the stock swing arm as the gs beemers. The stock V65tt swing arm is made of alum, and the stock big block swing arm is very short.
We took off the baja swing arm, measure it and built a steel template after it, The template holds the swing arm in place before elongating it and reinforcing it so that everything is perfect once the welding job is done. I believe this is the biggest constraint for individuals who wants to modify any small block guzzi bike (v50, v65 and so on) in a tough dual purpose bike. You dont need to start with a V65tt, any small beaten guzzi with a tonti frame will do it.
Of course I have the template and of course i can make other swingarms for the ones who want them.\ but time is a virtue again
The exhaust is very simple 2 into 2 with a removable cap mufflers. The cap is hold by 2 springs. You can pack the muffler after removing the cap. The bike is not quiet though. It has a nice low barking sound.

Desertpistons screwed with this post 10-13-2012 at 12:05 PM
Desertpistons is offline   Reply With Quote