Thread: My ADVersys
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #73
Bambi
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 652
Hello Kajj,
I do understand your sketch!
And yes, I'll keep the beak on my Big. I think it's not the prettiest form of a fairing's front, but this beak is the one and only original! Don't let BMW, Ducati, Triumph and all the others tell you anything else. When acquiring the bike I wanted to swap it's front for a fairing just like the ones I mentioned above. But I'll stick to the beak and put an adepted version of the twin-light fairing above it! It might even happen that I don't change the front-fairing as it's rather slim where the head-light sits. It's a challenge to put twin-headlights into the original rectangular place and looking at the space for and between the reflectors of the 'off-the-road'-fairing this might prove impossible. Because of being to wide for a proper flowing line. That's the reason to visit them with the bike ... and now we'll get two results!
Concerning the recycling of your handle-bar as an elongation for your prop-stand, the start of Scottish cooking-recipes springs to mind: 'Take what you've got ...' Well done!
Kind regards, Bambi