View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 01:16 PM   #56
2012BlackKLR650
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Tire changes in Missoula, MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by REALGRAVEROBBER View Post
$10 for a mount and balance if you carry it in (removed from the bike) here in Missoula Montana at 5 Valley Honda. They usually do it quickly too.
Just an update.... I called 5 Valley in Missoula, MT ( I live in Missoula)....they are $25 per tire (carried in) including balancing. $15. if no balancing

Big Sky Kawi in Missoula charges $25 per tire (I didn't ask, but assumed w/balancing)....$53 per tire if you bring the whole bike in....

There is a guy who has his own shop at his house...does off the bike for $25 a piece including dynamic and static balancing. iverson@iversonscandinavian.com. I spoke with him, and he seems like a straight up guy who knows his stuff. He does NOT offer a discount if you don't want balancing.

I have decided that for $15 per tire ( I am not having them balanced because I have ordered and will use the DYNABEADS....we shall see...) it is not worth me playing with my tire spoons.... $30 bucks and no struggles sound good to me, I will save my spoons and tubes for when I need an emergency road repair. But for a planned tire change. $30 buks is worth my saving my fine musician hands on other labor..... ;)
2012BlackKLR650 is offline   Reply With Quote