View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #92
epicxcrider OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 644
Day 10: Oh, Canader!

After some much needed rest, a late morning saw us riding towards the town of Chelan a little before 9:00. The road to Chelan was a pretty ride along the shore by the lake of the same name. The sun was already pretty high and beating down on us as a constant reminder of how hot it was going to be.

Only a few clouds in a bluebird sky on the way to Chelan.

Once in Chelan, I found a gas station and we stopped to pick up fuel and trail food for the day. Another breakfast of redbull and granola bars :)
Outside we met one of the local characters in his converted Jesus-van. He spent the better part of half an hour trying to convert us three while we ate, eventually letting us know "Jesus looks out for motorcycles" and driving away in a van that couldn't start fast enough.

Circling around the end of the lake we turned off rt 150 onto a small windy road that would climb North to Echo Valley Ski Area. Past Echo Valley the road turned to dirt and started to climb up into the mountains, the dust returning with a vengeance.

I really enjoyed the climb - minimal washboard and loose rocks kept my speed up and trees were few and far between providing amazing views around every corner. I sped ahead while Bernie and Shawn staggered to keep the dust down.

The dust was so bad that Bernie stayed quite a ways back, allowing me to grab a few choice photos.

The views were incredible, ever improving as we wound our way around the hills to the North.

Zoomed in, Bernie in the distance now at least half a mile back.

I love this photo

After climbing for some time the landscape began to change as we gained significant elevation in the mountains. Starting the day at around 1000', within an hour or two we were well over 5000' and climbing.

Even bits of forest here and there.

epicxcrider is offline   Reply With Quote