View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #21679
halmc
Turkey T*urd

Oddometer: 1,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Helmac drove from Tallahassee this morning to me with me FBM and Gimme for BlackWater at its best. After aobut 25 miles of some varried terrain, Helmac commented on his bike handling funny. Sor' nuf.... flat rear.

He limped back to pavement where, being the good ADVers we are - we abandoned him to his fate - waved "bon voiage" and ran another 30 miles. We did meet back up with him at the Karack and had lunch at Mickeys so all was good.

Halmac, Nice to finally meet and greet with you and hoped you enjoyed what you saw.

We'll have to venture over to Tally soon...

Weather was "ridin weather" for sure!!!
Yes, a rather inauspicious debut into the P'cola riding community for me. Aye, but the company and riding were excellent. My abandonment was a gentleman's abandonment, replete as it was with offers of assistance and an alternative rescue plan should I not be found back at the truck. Which I was after a precarious flat tire ride first outa the woods, then about four miles up 189.

All that said, it was a bit annoying to spend more than six hours in my car for about one on my bike! But such is the fickle finger of fate, especially when it comes to m/c tires.

I did journey down to the AF office to fetch me an Eglin pass, having benefitted from the video and having parted with $6. Tee-hee: Senior Citizen half price.

Thanks, gents, for the brisk 24 mile ride, I’ll be back for more. In the meantime, the ANF is my playground (and that of many others) and I should be honored to show y’all its many delights. During the week, or on any w/e.

halmc screwed with this post 10-04-2012 at 02:23 AM Reason: nunya
halmc is offline   Reply With Quote