View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #1024
wilmar13
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckracer View Post
That's exactly why I like and want this bike: I DO want a Ducati/BMW/Tenere except I want it to be a KTM.

I'm in!
Yep!

This bike has a leg up for performance motorcyclists that ride in the real world.

MTS- stick to the pavement and has worse fueling (which it also uses more of) and less grunt

GS - can ride with grandpa on all roads also make sure you don the Aerostitch so you look like everyone else in your 20 bike group

Tenere- somehow even heavier than GS, with less power but better off road...vanilla functionality

1190 Adv - rip through twisties and broken pavement with your buddies on MTS's then leave them for dead when you rip through forest service roads to connect to more awesome roads, truly can go anywhere at a sporty pace*

*- if you live in the real world there are few places you can truly ride "off road" (paved and not), and those few places are designated trails and pay-to-visit-parks... And taking a real "ready to race" EXC there makes so much more sense, unless you are a star bucks poseur on your 9x0 bike. (I kid... Kind of)