View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #2774
Boxer-lust
Banned

Oddometer: 528
After looking at the pictures and let it all sink in I must say I like the looks of the new GS as the new engine is as good of a design for a motorcycle engine as it gets !
The 2 cylinder boxer was always a perfect motorcycle engine for everything but roadracing purposes with it's balance,low center of gravity,no crankshaft gyro to affect handling in a negative way,ease of maintenance and unique ability to protect bike and rider in case of mishap.
Now they made the intake runners straighter to get more power and put the clutch where it doesn't cause expensive bills anymore if it needs to be replaced.
No alternator belt anymore that can break or needs to be replaced.
As for accessability it sits under a cover that should beeasy to access after the tank is taken off.
As for the valve adjustment it looks like the cams have to come off because the followers don't slide to the side anymore like in the camheads.But even this should be easy as no timing chain has to come of with the gears driving the cams.
Should be a great engine powering a 135hp/nm R1200RS in the near future...
My guess is that a water-boxer R1200RT and R1200GS-ADV are next for 2014 out in autumn of 2013...
Boxer-lust is offline   Reply With Quote