View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #13
hugemoth
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,760
The C70 frame and wheels are plenty strong, just look at what they haul on them in third world countries. The brakes are adequate as long as cables and cams are lubed and shoes are in good shape. Also, having a bigger engine doesn't mean you have to ride at 60 mph but it's nice to be able to accelerate fast enough avoid being run over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamala View Post
I have a C70 too. Complete and running (supposedly ) when it was put away a decade ago. It was a great Vt Barn find and only cost me $50 and a case of beer. Its an older 6V model. I was just starting to make a plan to restore it and possibly do a 12 Volt conversion on it. In doing my research I stumbled across the Lifan Engines (125cc) and quickly realized I could slap one of those into the scoot for about $250. It would sure make the 12 volt conversion seemless and the restoration fairly cheap seeing how an engine rebuild would be taken completely out of the equation. My only reservations (so far) would be if the brakes and frame/wheels would be too feeble to make the higher powered engine vehicle safe to ride.
Mine!
hugemoth is offline   Reply With Quote