View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #48
Cakeeater
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 910
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraven View Post
Well, I don't think of myself as self-righteous. I just think that all you tourists should really stop and think about your attitudes. You're on a public highway with other people who have just as much right as you. The BRP is a scenic highway built purposely so people can amble along at 35 or 45 and enjoy the views.
No one owes you anything on either road.

That's not being self-righteous. It's just seeing the world for what it is. I don't think that Harley wagon trains have any right blocking traffic and having Road Captains block intersections like they're a parade.
I also don't think that anyone should have to make way for a guy on a sporting machine.

You want a parade, buy a permit and do it downtown. You want a trackday, go to a track. Otherwise, ride and be polite, enjoy the BRP and the dragon, and accept that sometimes you can't ride balls out because there are other people on the planet.

Yeah, I agree.

I'm working in LA now just a stone's throw from Angeles Crest. Great road, but jeez I get freaked by the "sportriders" who can't ride worth shit. I talked to a CHIP yesterday at a starbucks. Three dead riders in last month on the Crest. All of them hauling ass and crashing. I stay away from the Crest mainly cuz I worry about gettting nailed by someone coming the other direction over the double-yellow.

Cakeeater
Cakeeater is offline   Reply With Quote