View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #15
DriveShaft
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post

well. yeah. there is one good point. Maybe I need a small radio in there
This is--no joke--a common consideration to incorporate into your specs. I have often speced (how the hell do you spell that?) a louder fan in the half-baths down on the 1st floor specifically for that reason, and quieter fans upstairs in the bedroom areas. It's just nice to offer you & your guests a little privacy to do what you have to, not just giving visual privacy a thought, but auditory privacy as well.

Paying attention to acoustic design is of particular concern given the tendency towards great rooms, and open floor plans. It happens to be my pet peeve, too, so I notice it alot when someone draws up specs that totally pay zero attention to it.

I remember one time having a rather personal conversation with a close friend of mine, who happened to have lost her father that week. She was a mess, and we spent a good bit of time talking downstairs. She had to take a bio break, and hopped into the half-bath in my old house, which had zero sound insulation, and pretty much let out two minutes of air biscuits. How the hell do you continue a serious conversation after that? Awkwarrrrd.

DriveShaft screwed with this post 10-04-2012 at 02:22 PM
DriveShaft is offline   Reply With Quote