View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 01:15 PM   #5421
atlas cached
OX Ambassador

Oddometer: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCD View Post
I have a Montana on the way, and this thread has been a great resource. After years with a Zumo and Etrex combo, I’m looking forward to a do-it-all unit. But I have a question.

I have always created my road and dirt road routes in Mapsource using the routing tool. I place vias on lots of intersections, and set the unit to navigate by ‘shortest distance.’ This has worked everywhere I have been in the conti USA, including the CDR. Will this approach still work on the Montana, assuming I am using City Nav? I ask because there was a post suggesting that points on intersections cause trouble on the Montana. Is that correct?
First, you will have to use BaseCamp for the Montana. If you haven't already, download it and start getting familiar.

Reading this thread alone, you will see many issue related to via points and routes created with BaseCamp and sent to the Montana.

Some have stated they have much better results changing the routing activity to "Direct" before sending the routes to the Montana. THEN, you can change the routing activity back on the Montana.
atlas cached is offline   Reply With Quote