View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #2522
Stifdickerson2006
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Know for the bad news,
This bike has yet to be tipped over or crashed what so ever.but I would keep smelling coolant. Well i finally found the leak.

KTM has agreed to pay for inspection on goodwill , but it may take up to six months if I need a case and it has to go thru KTM Austria on a Goodwill case because my Warranty is up. I had smelled coolant on this bike when it would warm up since I got it but since my CRT release hose was behind my seat I just thought it was because of that. It is a very slow leak just barely drips out the crack at the caseing mark/crack when it is warm, did not find it till my last ride and went to change oil pulled the skid plate off and found coolant, what to do what to do?[/QUOTE]

Took my bike to closest dealer saturday as KTM said they would inspect on goodwill case. Dealer called this tuesday and said that KTM will take care of the repairs, replace cases, seals and gaskets and bearings for lower should only be without the bike for 3 weeks at the most. Very happy with KTM and a great shout out to Wilsons M/C in Fresno CA Which is a 2 hr drive for me. They took care of it and gave me an answer on this case within a half day of having the bike as they where closed sunday and monday. KTM USA said they had seen another similar case with the same defect and that probably helped with the timely response.