View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #21
vwboomer OP
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubebender View Post
Pansonic Whisper Quiet in my 2 bathrooms with 10,20,30, and 60 minute timer switches.

Got them here. Free Shipping
Thanks for the link. I wasn't able to find a local retailer so that seems like the best option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troidus View Post
Make sure your hole saw is sharp and the shingles aren't cold and you should be OK. This is the roof vent I used:

which comes with its own flashing, so you just need to cut the shingles to fit and goop the seams. I didn't use the included duct, since I had 4" insulated duct already. In my case, since I had a package of shingles on hand, I went ahead and replaced all the shingles around the new opening. I did have to use a 5" hole saw so there would be room for the duct insulation and the clamps.
That's the type I will go with. a screen/spring loaded door will keep critters out and drafts down

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveShaft View Post
Don't forget to spec and install the gravity-close air damper or you will i ndeed get an annoying draft.
The fan has one built in. between that and one on the roof it should be pretty well sealed.

appreciate the advice on this. Looks like I"m going ot have to move on this in the next week or two.
I very rarely shower at home, but even so you can see the drips on the walls. The house was built in 1947 and when I moved in 4 years ago that was tops on my list