View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #2833
Ua the Destroyer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurrer View Post
Me too. One of the dumbest things I've ever done. Stuck with an outdated bike with poor resale while all of my friends were riding around on the new ones and not having any problems at all. The too many bugs to be sorted out just isn't that true anymore in this era of CAD design and simulation.
I agree. Also I would bet this is the most engineered/tested model of BMW motorcycle ever. It's predecessor has been the best selling model of all time, and I doubt they want to fubar it with a terrible first year on the new one. (probably why the long wait for this machine) Like all new machines though, it will still have some quirks that will show up as its weak points. You never know even some of the best tested vehicles have major flaws, but that has been decreasing every year. Also keep in mind that the development phase and costs of motorcycles is small compared to the automotive industry, since the sales numbers are so much smaller.

If I had the extra loot I would buy one of the first ones. I really like the looks of it in white with the wire wheels.
Ua the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote