View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 07:52 AM   #95
therivermonster OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
The CLR-HP is good for up to about 200 deg.F. with a structural load. After 200 deg. it will begin to flex. Watch for yellowing of the epoxy as a sign of heat stress, as you cycle the piece. I think you will be ok....with perhaps a little stress around the mount's ...where the metal screws connects the heat transfer to the pipe. Generally speaking, when I use any parts for muffler I use 1618, as it is good up to 250 deg.F......or in the case of header heat shields.....Max-hte.....
I have no clue how hot the dr's muffler get's.... But just be on the look out when you make parts for exhausts systems....
I have been thinking about this quite a bit, but from the temp readings that I have taken from the shroud, it looks to stay below 110 f.

I'm making a mold of the part, so if we need to go back at make another one again with different epoxy, then that's what we'll do. No worries.

Earling, could you elaborate on your epoxy rub-in process? How do you apply the epoxy, rag, sponge, brush, finger, etc? What steps do you take to apply the epoxy.

Thanks again!

My Virgin ADV Trip
, Rocks Flyin', Me Cryin', and God Looking On - A WABDR Adventure, Fun With Carbon Fiber
therivermonster is offline   Reply With Quote