View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #12
ezrdr55
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplenickel View Post
The 1/4 turn fastners are a joke for anything beyond pavement duty.

+1 I realize this thread is a few months old but I would like to share my experience with the SW-Motech side racks. Last week I had these sideracks fail while riding the Utah Backcountry Discovery Route. One of the welds that attaches the bracket to footpeg failed. In addition I had two of the quick release fasteners just pop off. I have 1500 Pelicans (the small ones) attached to the racks so these smallish cases should not have been too much stress on the racks. I have had no drops and at this point I am very disappointed with the racks. I think they’re okay for street riding and maybe some very light off pavement stuff, but they were definitely not up to the task on this trip.

This was Twisted Throttles response: "I am sorry about the failure of your racks. SW-Motech is the only brand we carry and we have faith in it. Your carriers are currently out of warranty but if you would be interested in a new set, I would be happy to offer you another set at a deep discount of $190.94 . Please let me know if you would like to proceed with an order."