View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #7
jules083 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsotsie View Post
When I got my Russel about 40k miles ago I used to have a love -hate relationeship with it. Hate the 1st day then love every other day. I have a Bill Meyer on my oyther bike. Now, the Russel is to me what they claim - an all and every day, day after day saddle! Without question the most comfortable I have used on 100k+ miles.

Your issue could be the where you are sitting (on a long ride one will find several places to sit, forward and back - one cant sit on a thing the size of a bar stool all day and claim recliner comfort!). I would guess though that shoulder and arm are more ergo related .

Looking at the construction of the Russel, I dont believe that there is much they can do.
I believe that ergo's have become a part of it, although it wasn't a problem before. The best I can figure is to move the pocket forward, and one way or another stop the slide-forward somehow. Maybe angle it back some, I don't know.

It feels like moving the bars back a few inches would get the Bike back to where it was, so logically I should try to move myself forward. As you know the Russell plants you in one spot and doesn't allow the movement of most other seats.
jules083 is offline   Reply With Quote