View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #394
ray h
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
See my last post. THIS is the attitude we need to change. ...and its coming from 'one of us.'

I highly recommend spending some time in CA before you start making blanket statements. It will literally change your mind about the whole filtering/sharing thing.

I'll start debunking the filtering thing. How many motos do you know that can't out accelerate a car? Even Hardleys can... If you can out accelerate a car, how are you disrespectful and/or encroaching on someone's space cushion by filtering?

IME filter to the front, out accelerate the car next to you, and you've done a few things: A. you're not in the queue at the light. B. you're out of the way even before you get thru the intersection. C. you've facilitated smooth movement thru the intersection by ALL those behind you 'cause they didn't have to wait for yet one more vehicle to go thru the intersection. etc etc etc.

Feelings have nothing to do with any of that.

M
I see, fastest vehicle to the front please. So I guess if my bike of choice is a KLR650 or a 250 I need to move to the edge of the lane to let every Mustang GT or whoever else thinks they are faster move up beside me.
I'm faster so let me up front. Brilliant argument.

Why does everyone keep telling me I need to ride in CA before I can have an opinion when I've already stated I've ridden in CA and the poll was not addressing CA, it was addressing all 50 states.
I don't think I want to be "one of us" because I'm not impressed with "us". Leave me out of it, I've had enough.
ray h is offline   Reply With Quote