View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #21
runnin4melife OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 803
Snafu

The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry, Because I am placing the KTM fender directly on the lower triple, with a small piece of 10 gauge galvanized steel as a mounting bracket (which lowers the fender 3/16 of an inch from the triple). I do not have much is any room to really accentuate the beak. It is looking now like I will bring it out just a bit and have a rather short section due to space.

This picture shows how close the fender sits

Photobucket

The bolt pattern on the lower triple does not mesh with a 4 bolt (square pattern) on the KTM 690 fender. This was remedied with a piece of steal, I have to track down proper bolts and will show this setup when it is complete.

Photobucket

Once I get the bracket complete etc... I will complete the front fender and begin the necessary brake line routing. I have already acquired another fork clamp like the one on the stock setup to aid in routing the brake lines. I will also be doing a slightly different setup from what I have seen. That will be posted when I get to it. I am in the R&D phase right now.

Photobucket

Now I did something slightly different than what other people have done, in stead of buying MX fork guards I opted to modify the front fender (I had a spare), I lopped off the extra stuff and will be using the stock plastic as a mold for the carbonfiber guards. This alleviates the use of trying to fabricate a bracket to match the stock bolt pattern as well as retains some of the aesthetics. They will have a CF piece coming from the other bolt hole that the back part of the stock fender attached for inc stability.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I will post pictures as I work through the phases.
runnin4melife is offline   Reply With Quote