View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #10
jules083 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdon View Post
Get some kind of non slip pad to put on the seat. I would suggest about 1" thick. Put it towards the rear of the seat which will effectively move you farther forward in the pocket. Ride the bike with the pad and see how your shoulders do. Trial and error and then find where you're most comfortable.

You will then be able to tell RDL what it needs.

I have had three RDL seats.
RDL seats are great. I have had three! They have earned the Bigdon Seal of Approval! Whatever that's worth.
Good idea. I'm off on Sunday, ill try it then. I really want this thing right, its the most comfortable seat I've ever felt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRider.... View Post
the slipping could be a factor of seat material and pattern as well... smooth vinyl with no pattern will prolly slip/slide you more than another material or even a pattern weaved into the vinyl. just a thought.

the seat bucket on my seat concepts seat on the Wee is too far back for me. same for a buddy of mine who bought the SC seat. he called SC and they couldn't change the location of the bucket since their foam comes pre-molded. may not be an issue with Russell...

It is vinyl, so that is probably a contributing factor. The Russell is custom made, so the pocket can be anywhere within reason.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1003485
jules083 is offline   Reply With Quote