View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #6
mfp4073 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,161
Update, and a few questions.

The battery did seem to have a failure. No warranty on my $100 agm battery from autozone that was less than a year old. Ended up buying a cycle gear standard battery with a lifetime warranty....I dont get that one, but hey, I will abuse it to the best of my ability.

I replaced the battery, but am still getting the "turn over turn over turn over, click click click click, turn over turn over turn over, click click click" thing. Today I got the bike apart and dont see any corrosion on the battery cables and didnt come up with any crazy resistance numbers. All connections are/were tight. Am kinda looking at the solenoid as the problem. Will do a clean up of all the cables and reassembly as part of my testing before I look at replacing the starter/solenoid (probably try to find a used one).

Of course I came across snowbums site http://www.bmwmotorcycletech.info/boschvaleostarter.htm

good info, but dont see anything on how to bench test my starter. I dont want to make my situation worse. Anyone know where I should be putting power to test? Pos to pos, neg to housing, and then just pos to the other lead?
1974 BMW R90/6 Bettie #1, 04 Triumph Bonneville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Blank
loner, lonegunman, get it. Thatís the whole point. I like the lifestyle, the image. Look a the way I dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoodsoil View Post
Cavemen must've designed them shortly after inventing the wheel.
mfp4073 is offline   Reply With Quote