View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #69994
ER70S-2
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac004 View Post
So yesterday I got around to making the modification described above. After draining some oil and pulling the spring out, I had to compress the fork while it was upside down in a oil pan, and slowly compress the fork to get the Intiminators out. Well not once but TWICE did I end up spraying oil all over the floor as it shot down with force into the oil pan. I should have built a little cardboard wall/fort around the pan so I did not have to spent half a hour wiping off of everything.

This takes me back many years. Short story: I had a 65 pound black standard poodle, he was my best bud (got me thru my divorce). One day I had to do an oil change and I used an 18" diameter open top drain pan with 4" sides. So I got the oil drained and wondered "Where do I put this where I won't trip over it?" Aha, I'll just slide it under the boat trailer tongue (in the garage). Bear was allowed to wander the house and yard thru his dog door. I went in to watch football. During half time, I went to check on him and wandered into the garage. There must have been 1000 dog prints on the concrete floor. How my best buddy managed to get both his front feet into that oil pan is beyond me. Spent an hour with toxic chemicals cleaning the garage floor. At least he didn't come in the house.
No, he did not get yelled at, nor blamed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac004 View Post
I removed about 1mm from each oil ring, and as I put everything back together it was MUCH easier to slide the Intiminators back in the forks. Now I had hopes. After finishing off the re-assembly with Maxima 5wt oil, I bolted everything back together. Time for the moment of truth...

..and no dice. It feels and sounds exactly the same as before.

Not sure what to do at this point. Might be a good time to upgrade to Gold Valves for slightly better off road performance!
Crap. I was tempted to try the Intiminators, just 'cause. Now, not so much. I do like my emulators.

SUZUKI DR650SE INFORMATION INDEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threewheelbonnie View Post
"BTW, I don't do style. It's a dirt bike, not some girlie dress-up thing." -
ER70S-2 is offline   Reply With Quote