View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 12:19 AM   #440
RedRockRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,318
Fall Colors near Enterprise Reservoir

Thanks, MasterMarine. Yes, I've browsed the book at the local St. George canyoneering/climbing store, The Desert Rat. Lots of good stuff. And yes, deer, especially at dusk are scary. Especially when they have that "kamikazee" look in their eyes. My friend hit a deer on his Goldwing just east of Zion a few months back. I was right behind him. Big wobble, but stayed up. Deer spun around hard, then got up and hobbled into the brush.

Enjoying your ride report from the desert / mountains of northwest Nevada. Awesome territory!

Been out on the ATVs a few times recently. Once with wife and son, a second time with Dad. Both times near Enterprise Reservoir to look at fall colors.

Upper Enterprise Reservoir is extremely low. Lowest I've ever seen it. Cows seem to like the additional grazing area.

Spent most of my day eating dust behind the son and mom team. Good fun.

Cow crossing stopped 'em for a minute.

The colors:

The dynamic duo!

Went back a few days later with Dad. Been here many times on motos, but ATVs were readily available, so why not.

Dad near the Pinnacles. Very scenic. Much better than most roads near Enterprise Reservoir. Check it out. Was washed out about a year ago. Repairs completed. Now in good shape.

Fall colors at their peak!

The upper hillsides, 6,000 - 7,000 feet, are all touched with fall colors. Won't last much longer.

As always, thanks for checkin' in inmates. Ride often, ride safely!

RedRockRider - WR250R, TW200, Versys, Vulcan 900 LT, Zuma 125

Southwest Utah: Dual Sport Riding from St. George
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725976
RedRockRider is offline   Reply With Quote