View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 06:43 AM   #71
JDowns OP
Sounds good, let's go!

Oddometer: 2,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedgi View Post
John

I really enjoyed your last Ride Report. Outstanding!

It was one of the great ones that have motivated me to plan my own trip to South America. I'll send you a PM with more detail but I am just about ready to hit the road from Shediac NB, Canada on my trusty KLR 650

RTW Paul was kind enough to give me some tips based on his experience. I plan to be on the December 8 Steel Rat

I'm a 55 year old retired Air Traffic Controller that's not getting any younger and I decided if I'm ever going to ride to SA this is the time to do it.

Last year I did the Trans Labrador, twice, once in each direction and earlier this year I shipped my bike to Miami and then did a Key West to Shediac, avoiding the slab (both ride reports can be found on this forum)

Looking forward to following along on this ride and hope I may even meet you on the road.

Kedgi (Dwight)

Hi Dwight,

You must be my younger brother from a different mother. Glad to have you along!

Just missed Shediac when I cut over on 1 to PEI a few years ago on a tour of the maritimes. Beautiful country in the coastal Maritimes up there. Friendly people. Its a beautiful place you live in. Well, it was in August. But hey, it's starting to get down towards 10C daytime I imagine now that the leaves are falling. Better head south before too long!

All your Canuk geese are flying over the Sandhills here in Nebraska. I think they know something we don't. Those Vees of geese were pointing the way when I looked up from work outside yesterday afternoon. Their faint cries from way up seemed to be saying" "Go now!, Go now!"

Hope to see you down the road!

Best,
John Downs