View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #3348
SierraJeep
It's toast

Oddometer: 627
This is what my set-up looks like on the road. Everything I bring along fits into the three bags on the bike (tank bag, Giant Loop Great Basin, and a small Enduristan dry bag). My "everything" includes:

Drybag: the tent, tarp, sleeping pad, 2x MSR Dromidary bags (4 ltr). And when I stop for food at the end of the days I put the groceries in the dry bag until I find a camp site.

Giant Loop bag: the sleeping bag, inflating pillow, clothes, shoes, toiletry bag, MSR Whisperlite Intl cook stove, cooking pot/bowl/mug, dry food, light jacket, and 2x 1 ltr fuel bottles (for stove and bike, if needed).

Tank bag: netbook, first aid kit, lock, Leatherman tool, small WD-40 can, sunscreen, bug spray, maps, go phone, hat, spare eye glasses, small digital camera, and mini tripod.

CJ Designs Storage Box: front & rear tubes, tool roll, duct tape, shop rags, bungee net, tire irons, small plastic shovel and TP. (This stays with the bike at all times.)

Under the seat I carry a 12v pump, more tools, and a small pad to set the rotor on during tire changes.

I wear a Klim jacket with the 3 ltr. hydration pack built into the back and lots of cargo pockets for keeping things I may need during the day. I also bring a cheapo REI folding tri-pod chair that I just strap to the top of the bags. It can get wet and at $19 if it somehow ever falls off or gets lost I won't lose any sleep.

I've traveled solo for two weeks with this set-up. The trick is to pack light - just take what you need and leave the rest...

Everything in action!

2010 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 450 EXC

SierraJeep screwed with this post 10-06-2012 at 09:12 AM Reason: Added photos
SierraJeep is offline   Reply With Quote