View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 09:08 AM   #1460
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 4,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
That's what I was thinking. After all, on the dirt, it's no good just getting loads of wheel spin as soon as you crack the throttle. Although I admit that can be fun.
I'll take a lower first gear over constantly having to fan the clutch in loose rocks and dirt. I thought the bike was gonna stall while riding out of a steep, rocky gully last Sunday. Admittedly, I had only ridden that trail on a 450exc before, so the Tiger made it a little more "interesting".

This experience (and a couple of others)has convinced me of the need to lower the gearing.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote