Thread: Harley XR1200
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #435
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Oddometer: 2,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimum_malarky View Post
How does the XR compare to a new Triumph Bonneville? Obviously, the torque is much better on the Harley, but the Bonneville oozes style and can easily be hopped up handling wise. I'm wondering about general comfort, fun factor and reliability. I have been wanting a Bonneville forever, but every time I stare at the XR -- especially the 1200x, with the blacked-out motor -- I feel a little flutter!
I was between the XR and a new Bonnie as well. Test road both a few times. All your questions are subjective.
09 and up Bonnie changes are EFI, and 17" front/rear mag wheels on the standard and SE models. (T100 still has spokes)
I wont get into the pros/cons on a pro XR thread (I've been on adv long enough to know better) but I will say the 09 XR I rode was 10,999 with 7000 miles and a brand new Bonnie was 8000. Though I know you can find better XR deals through private sales, I needed a dealer for financing aid.
I got a 2012 Bonnie Black and I'm very happy with it.

goodcat8 screwed with this post 10-06-2012 at 03:04 PM
goodcat8 is online now   Reply With Quote