View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #1167
wilmar13
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsta View Post
And now it appears this issue repeats itself and we get a decompressed 1200 cc. What a disappointment! There is simply no such thing as enough power!!

I guess it may be impossible to order the new adventurer with the "real and unchoked" motor with 175 hp due to KTM's legal responsibilities...and so forth.

Anyway, do you think it would be technically easy? Simply bring over the motor and the control module? Or is the other electronics perhaps incompatible with the race bike's ECU?
I would imagine it is so you can run crappy fuel... The RC8R has two modes:95Ron for 170 hp and 98 Ron for 175 hp... That is 91 and 93 for North Americans. Basically this is low premium or high premium... But no matter how far you retard timing of ignition and fuel, it would be tough to run regular gas at 13.5:1 comp ratio... Thus the reduction for the 1190 Adv I would guess. The rest of the missing power is probably valve lift and overlap reductions.., none of this can be easily remedied unfortunately, at least with a drill bit or a tune.

Trust me, you couldn't use the missing power in this bike anyway... It is too tall without sufficient front weight bias.